Network streaming with ecssound

Subject: Network streaming with ecssound
From: Ronald L. Jolly (ronjolly_AT_hiwaay.net)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 14:59:58 EET

Hello all
I have been experimenting with Ecasound for an audio application and
have been quite pleased with the results.
I need to add an additional feature that is not readily obvious to me.
The requirement is to send the raw PCM data as it is being processed/recorded
from the sound card and send the data using TCP/IP to another Linux node.

I have written BSD sockets applications, and thought that I might be able to
stream the data via UDP to another node. Any ideas on where in Ecasound to do
this?
Forgive my ignorance but maybe this is already possible.

Is JACK the answer? Maybe using something like interfacing
the IceCast/LiveIce package to the Ecasound internal data processing?
Ideas appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work

Ron
ronjolly_AT_hiwaay.net