Re: [ecasound] 2.2 problem

Subject: Re: [ecasound] 2.2 problem
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 00:45:31 EET

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, William Goldsmith wrote:

> OK - dumb question. I rarely use CVS, but most other packages include a
> 'configure' script & are compiled with the usual configure, make, make
> install.
[...]
> There's no configure script in my ecasound-cvs dir, and using the one that
> came w/ the tarball produces a zero-length Makefile.

As Junichi already mentioned, the CVS-tree has a 'cvscompile' script. You
don't have to used it (see Junichi's mail for an alternative), but if you
do, it basicly replaces ./configure and make. You can also give configure
optiosn to cvscompile. So for example:

./cvscompile --disable-dbc --with-largefile
make install

... nowadays many packages have an 'autogen.sh' script in CVS that does
pretty much the same job as 'cvscompile' (and is used in the same way).
The 'cvscompile' name comes from ALSA... they've used the script name for
as long as I can remember.