Re: [ecasound] syncing

Subject: Re: [ecasound] syncing
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 19:40:28 EET

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, kelly hirai wrote:

> i'll record a track using the -b:64 -z:noint flags,
> against another all ready recorded track, then before
> i play it back, i have to chop off about 4100 samples
> off the begining to get them to sync back up. i have
> an off brand ac97 sound card, running under oss-pay,
> (still havn't got alsa cooking) and can't seem to
> control the hardware buffers from ecasound. this fix

Something definitely goes wrong here. Is the -z:noint
a typo (should be -z:nointbuf). Does the same happen
with bigger values of -b:xxx (for instance "-b:1024 -z:nointbuf")?

And another thing, how do you monitor the previously recorded material
(what kind of ecasound cmdline)? For best results I recommend enabling
the "line-in monitoring" from the mixer.