Re: [ecasound] Compiling error in ecasound-2.2.0-rc1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Compiling error in ecasound-2.2.0-rc1
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 19:37:42 EET

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Mikko Nummelin wrote:

> While attempting to compile ecasound-2.20-rc1 with configuration options
> ./configure --disable.arts --disable-jack --enable-oss
> and subsequently running 'make', I encountered the following error
> messages:
[...]
> In file included from /usr/include/ncurses/ncurses.h:77,
> from eca-curses.cpp:34:
> /usr/include/unctrl.h: In function `int NCURSES_EXPORT(char *)':
> /usr/include/unctrl.h:57: parse error before `('
> In file included from eca-curses.cpp:34:
> /usr/include/ncurses/ncurses.h:126: confused by earlier errors, bailing
> out

This is strange as Slackware 8.1 has ncurses-5.2 and which is the same
version as I have on my machine and have had no problems compiling
ecasound. Have you upgraded the distro (possibly old files still around)
or is this a fresh slack-8.1 install?

I've recently tested compiling 2.2.0-rc1 on a slackware-8.0 and had no
problems...