Re: [ecasound] ECI questions

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ECI questions
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 23:01:45 EET

On 2 Dec 2002, Nolan J. Darilek wrote:

> I'm trying to build an enhanced IAM in Python. Today I started
> studying ECI, delving into some of the commands which I don't use
> often, and I had a quick question and possible documentation issue.
>
> In ecasound-iam(1), reference is made to a "cs-muting" command, which
> doesn't work. "cs-mute" does, however. Is this a mistake, or am I
> doing something wrong?

You probably mean c-muting and c-mute (the cs-xxx variants don't
exist)...? :) Anyways, c-muting is the correct one, i.e. docs are
right but code wrong. I've now committed the following to CVS:

- changed: eiam - all instances of 'c-mute' in code and docs
           changed to 'c-muting', although now officially
           deprecated, 'c-mute' will continue to work as
               an alias to 'c-muting'

This should not break any old code.

> Also, is it possible to set items like muting to a certain, known
> value, instead of simply toggling? For example, my IAM extension
> includes commands for setting up the metronome. The metronome can be

Unfortunately only toggling functions are currently offered. So you need
to maintain the (un)muted status yourself.