Xmas, effect switching with midi footswitches

Subject: Xmas, effect switching with midi footswitches
From: Raoul Bönisch (jkl345_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 23:56:46 EET

On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 10:58:02AM -0800, lee johnson wrote:
> hi..
>
> Merry christmas everyone ( my site is a xmas card for holidays)
> http://www.imyourhandiman.com

Eh, yes, sorry. Merry christmas to all list members!

I use ecasound as a realtime effects processor for my guitar
and would like to switch effect presets with my midi footswitches
without any clicks and noises. One way is setting up several chains,
muting them, unmute one for playing and then switch the "preset" with

c-mute
c-select <other-chain>
c-mute

A disadvantage is, that reverbs and delays wouldn't fade out but
would immediatly be turned off. Another difficulty is, that I can't
imagine a way to do all this with my footswitches except for writing
a new application doing exactly this.

Is there an easy way to switch effect presets with midi foot switches
with the existing ecasound?

        ra