Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-rc1

Subject: Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-rc1
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 12:36:11 EET

> > this is it, the first release candidate. If no serious
> > bugs are found, I'll release it as 2.2.0 (in a few weeks
> > or so).
>
> As nothing serious has come up, I think we are ready for 2.2.0
> (basicly rc1 + changes in current CVS). Due to xmas+newyear
> time, I'll have to postpone the actual release to January. It's better to
> make the release at a time when I'm ready to make a new .1 release
> if some embarrassing bug is found. ;)

When I start ecasound specifying a nonexistent ogg file,
it errors out with:

(eca-engine) Prefilling i/o buffers.
(audioio-ogg) Can't start process "ogg123 -d raw --file=- %f". Please check your ~/.ecasoundrc.
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "status() == engine_status_running", eca-engine.cpp, 735.

which sounds counter-intuitive.

regards,
        junichi