Re: [ecasound] Ecamegapedal - please help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecamegapedal - please help!
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 21:48:05 EET

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:12:59 +0100
felipe <filippo_AT_email.it> wrote:

> $: ecasound -i:arts -o:arts -a:felipe -c
>
> That works, although the signal I get is somewhat crappy, delayed and highpitched, maybe there's some argument I could pass to have it adjust the output...

The buffer argument (-b) plays part in the delay aspect. Smaller the buffer, smaller the delay. Only that, it can cause distruptions if you don't have lowlatency kernel or have slow machine. I would maybe also get rid of arts, and connect directly to OSS or ALSA. It may have some internal buffering that can cause delay.

Values you can pass to '-b' argument are: 64, 128, 256 ..and so on (powers of 2).

janne