(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: felipe (filippo_AT_email.it)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:12:59 EET

Hi,

First of all a big thank you to Mr Kai Vehmanen and to everyone involved in the ecasound project :-) Your web page is so full of precious links and it's just what I was looking for.

I play guitar and needed a good non-commercial FX processor to turn my PC into a little guitar studio to improve my knowledge of guitar FX and such.

I "apt-got" ecamegapedal and ecasound (debian woody here), I then deinstalled them and downloaded and installed the latest source releases (ecamegapedal-0.3dev1 and ecasound-2.2.0-rc1)... but still I have a problem: Everything works fine except I can't use ecamegapedal as a realtime effects processor! It works totally amazing when I set <Input> to a wav file, but when I choose "arts" as input AND output it does just nothing. My guitar keeps producing the same clean sound no matter which effect I choose.

My soundcard is an OPL3SA2 and it should be full-duplex, as I can hear using software like GNUITAR, ExEf, Stompbox2 ecc ecc. I just wanted to use the superior capabilities of ecasound. Oh and I also tried to test ecasound from the command line with something like:

$: ecasound -i:arts -o:arts -a:felipe -c

That works, although the signal I get is somewhat crappy, delayed and highpitched, maybe there's some argument I could pass to have it adjust the output...

BTW the real important thing to me was to have a good and intuitive guitar-FX-oriented interface to ecasound, and I think ecamegapedal is the way to go. Please could you help me? I'm attaching some output I get when I start ecamegapedal or ecasound.

Best Regards and Keep Up This Good Work!

-felipe-

PS: I also tried other ecasound related software, like tapiir and tkeca... but they look more like mixers and I just want to use the effects processing capabilities of ecasound

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor: Nokia 7650 + Nokia 3510 + Ricariche Omnitel = Vinci con QxService Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1027&d=17-12