Re: [ecasound] loop devices

Subject: Re: [ecasound] loop devices
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 21:27:19 EET

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:08:42 +0200 (EET)
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, janne halttunen wrote:
>
> > # ecasound -a 1 -i samples/Bass2.wav -o loop,1 -a 2 -i samples/bassin.wav -o loop,1 -a 3 -i loop,1 -o rtnull
>
> You cannot have two "loop,1" objects as outputs. If you want to route
> audio from multiple chains to a loop device, you have to select
> multiple chains and attach the loop device to them all, i.e.
> "-a:1,2 -o loop,1".
>
> But I admit, the error message should be a _lot_ more informative in this
> case. ;)

Hmm, I took a look at chainsetup parser code, and noted that maybe some code could be added to eca-chainsetup-parser.cpp, (to preprocess_options?), to allow above kind of expressions.

Only that when I tried adding something, then compile, it launched to pretty much full ecasound compile with effects and all. Can this compiling be limited, so that I can test the code, and only when I know that it works, do the full compile?

janne