resampling & stuff

Subject: resampling & stuff
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 13:27:06 EET

Hello,

I've been playing with jack lately, and what a fine thing it is! One thing came about with ecasound, though. I intended to use it to resample the common 44100 rate to jack default, 48000. It seems that resample ao is broken: I'm getting with rc1 and latest CVS some crackling. I haven't used this before, so I don't know when it last worked.

BTW, have you noted this:

http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/

(libsamplerate)

It seems to have flexible options for resampling. It would ofcourse be super-cool if it could be supported by ecasound. (the example apps in it are pretty crude)

Also, now that I remember, the '-ei' effect seemed not to work with jack-output (non-realtime input).

thank you,

janne