Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???
From: Michal Seta (mis_AT_creazone.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 16:44:04 EET

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:08:17 -0600
"Justin Rosander" <JustinRosander_AT_msn.com> wrote:

> Kai,
> Looking forward to the new release!! I'm really impressed with all that you
> have done so far. And all you folks who have helped, you should give
> yourselves a pat on the back. This kind of software helps end-users like me
> jump away from the myriad of Windows hard disk recording software that is
> out there. All that is so limited, and considering the instability of
> Windows, it makes me shudder to think of a day when I'm in the middle of
> cutting the "perfect" track, and . . . :O no Windows.
>
> Anyways, to my request . . .
>
> I understand many of the effects on ecasound can't really be used in a full
> duplex situation--i.e.- ecasound -r -b:256 -i:/dev/dsp -o:/dev/dsp

try this (a little chorus + a little reverb - too much maybe...):
ecasound -B:rt -b:64 -i:/dev/dsp -etc:3,100,75,1 -ete:50,75,75 -o:/dev/dsp

> As a guitarist, the effects that are designed in ecasound are very
> attractive. I can see the usefulness it would have for me.

depending on your setup, you might find a little latency in real-time.

> Also, as the
> worship leader at my church, I notice a need for a little reverberation in
> the mix to give it a more lively sound

Personally, I prefer the natural reverberation of a church... I guess it depends on the actual space but if the church is largish, adding reverb to your sound source may not be a good idea in an already reverberated space. But it also depends on your intentions.

> (as opposed to dead. We need life in
> our churches . . .

yeah! And more experimental music :)

cheers