RH8.0, ecasound 2.0.4

Subject: RH8.0, ecasound 2.0.4
From: Mark Sadgrove (msad005_AT_phy.auckland.ac.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 13:41:10 EET

Hi all,

I've just been trying to compile ecasound 2.0.4 under Red Hat 8.0. configure
gives the error

checking for map.h... no
configure: error: C++ header files not found! Searched for 'map.h' (STL).

which I guess might be related to the earlier warning

checking for working mmap... no.

I have no idea what this map.h is for and I've tried the obvious step of
copying map.h to /usr/include/. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mark.