ecaplay and the 2.2.0 todo-list

Subject: ecaplay and the 2.2.0 todo-list
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 11:35:15 EEST

For those interested in 2.2.0, here's my personal todo-list:

- add ecasound.el to dist package (and document)
    - decide whether (and if yes how) to install it
- ecatools ECI-conversions
    - how many to do before 2.2.0?
    - I wrote an early version of ecatools/ecaplay.c yesterday;
      it seems to work quite well although few bugfixes/improvements
      are needed
    - ecaconvert, ecanormalize and ecafixdc should be doable,
      and in fact, little easier than ecaplay
    - ecasignalview could prove to be difficult
- testing the proxied audio object types
    - these include all audio object types, where a higher-level
      object embeds another audio object:
        - resample, reverse and typeselect audio objects (especially these
          need testing!)
        - .ewf files
        - -z:db system (each audio object is proxied)
    - these object now share a lot of code, so bugs found in any
      of them should improve to all object types
- decide what to do with ecamonitor and ecasound daemon mode
     - I'll probably include these, but won't advertise them
       as ready or stable features; I still want to work on the
       protocol, and improve the example client
- output_samples() -> max_output_samples() API change

So if you want to help, writing ECI-versions of ecatools apps
and testing the proxied audio objects are good places to start.:)

Btw; definitely post 2.2.0:
    - fine-tuning JACK-transport support
    - edi-31: Support for dynamic sampling rate and buffersize changes
    - new audio and chainop object types