RE: [ecasound] Multichannel mode

Subject: RE: [ecasound] Multichannel mode
From: Stuart Allie (allies_AT_hydstra.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 02:32:28 EEST

Hi,

I've just started using ecasound myself, and I had to do quite a bit of
fiddling with *alsamixer* to get the example to work. My cheapo soundcard
had lots of different channels that had separate level controls and/or could
be muted. I'd have to check (I'm not at home right now) to be sure, but I
think I had to select "Line In" as the "Capture" channel, turn up "Line
Capture", select "Capture" on the "Capture" channel(!), and mute the "Record
Monitor" channel. It was odd, but the Record monitor channel *level* could
not be changed (it was always zero) but *muting* that channel prevented sm
esort of feedback occurring.

Maybe the alsa soundcard info should include explanations of the various
channels and some example settings for different purposes... I guess
i'llcontact the alsa guys about that :)

Anyway, play with the alsamixer settings and see. Good luck!

Stuart

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Justin Rosander wrote:

> ecasound -c -r -b:200 \
> -a:1 -i:chords:wav \
> -a:2,3 -i:/dev/dsp \
> -a:2 -o:lead.wav \