Re: [ecasound] boolean and small-choice values?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] boolean and small-choice values?
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 17:52:39 EEST

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:52:14 +0200
Mario Lang <mlang_AT_delysid.org> wrote:

> Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Mario Lang wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, one simple solution would be to have interface based on map-xxx-list
> > and map-xxx-describe command pairs. For instance, map-cop-list would
> > return a list of strings containing all known cop types (like
> > cop-register), and 'map-cop-describe x' would return a decription string
> > for the xth cop type in the list. The syntax could be something like...
> >
> > 'name,number_of_args,arg1_default,arg1_lowbound,arg2_highbound,...'
>
> To be honest, I'd prefer cop-register to just do all that at once.
> Otherwise I'll need to issue N+1 commands to get all the info I want...

Yeah. I'd say 2 commands should be the max amount needed to get the info about all the cops. Maybe a cop-register and map-cop-descriptions combination?

> > Check out ecasound/libecasound/eca-operator.h and there the
> > 'PARAM_DESCRIPTION' struct. This kind of info is available for all

> So, do you have any plan to expose this information through eci?

Yeah! Though the move to static libraring scheme puts some new pressure on ECI, the param descriptions has been one of my alltime favourites. :)

janne