Re: [ecasound] Multichannel mode

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Multichannel mode
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 17:35:22 EEST

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Justin Rosander wrote:

> ecasound -c -r -b:200 \
> -a:1 -i:chords:wav \
> -a:2,3 -i:/dev/dsp \
> -a:2 -o:lead.wav \
> -a:1,3 -o:/dev/dsp
[...]
> . . . according to one of the examples presented.
> Anyways, I tried playing some leads over the 'chords.wav' file to make a 'lead.wav' file.
> I didn't hear 'chords.wav' playing, and when I played 'lead.wav' with an ecasound chain
> or even 'aplay', there was nothing on the file.

> I tried the command again, and when given the option to look at 'help' options, I
> tried 'status'. I thought it would be a good place to start. :)

Possibly a stupid question, did you start the processing with 'start'? :)
Anyways, you can use command "fs" (or aio-status) to view what files
are active and how they are connected. Also with this command you are able
to see the current position of each file. If these values are not changing
during processing, then something is wrong.

Test also the basic full-duplex functionality by issuing:

ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp

.. you should hear what you are playing from the soundcard output.

PS Also try -b:256 or -b:1024 instead of -b:200...