Re: [ecasound] edi-30 progress

Subject: Re: [ecasound] edi-30 progress
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 16:40:54 EEST

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, janne halttunen wrote:

> Now, stop worrying about the disk-space and boldly step onwards. If
> anybody wants to make ecasound-on-a-floppy, it's time to fork! ;)

Here're some stats:

Latest CVS installed - w/ debugging symbols:

[kaiv_AT_huuhaa ecasound-test]$ du -csh *
70M bin
588K include
24M lib
104K man
24K share
94M total

Same tree after stripping the symbols:

[kaiv_AT_vaino2 ecasound-test]$ du -csh *
8.4M bin
588K include
1.8M lib
104K man
24K share
11M total

So this is the current worst-case. Each ecatools app we manage to
convert to ECI will result in a save of 1.4MB. :)

PS The binary rpm-size will go from ~1MB to ~3.5MB.