Re: [ecasound] edi-30 progress

Subject: Re: [ecasound] edi-30 progress
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 02:49:25 EEST

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:59:53 +0300 (EEST)
Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi> wrote:

> So far I've received suprisingly little negative feedback
> concerning these changes. I admit that in a way, edi-30 is
> a huge step backwards. Especially letting the internal-plugin
> system go was a really difficult decision to make. Another big
> problem is that due to the static linkage, the ecasound binaries
> (especially in ecatools) now take a lot of disk-space. This
> situation will improve as the existing apps are converted to ECI,
> but it will take time.

But isn't ecatools incredibly easy to implement using ECI? Not to mention what great examples they make once finished. Straight C would propably be the way to go. Anyone interested? :)

Now, stop worrying about the disk-space and boldly step onwards. If anybody wants to make ecasound-on-a-floppy, it's time to fork! ;)

janne