Re: [ecasound] ogg / streaming / ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ogg / streaming / ecasound
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 18:10:45 EEST

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:02:12 +0300
Oliver Thuns <oliver.thuns_AT_WEB.DE> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know much about ecasound and I don't know if the thing I want to
> do with ecasound could work and how:
>
> I want to mix several ogg network streams together. so there is mainly
> one thing to solve:
>
> How to get the streams into ecasound. I could pipe one stream (ogg123 |
> ecasound), but is there any possibility to do this with more than one
> audio source (jack, etc...?)

Hello,

ecasound can automatically invoke such programs (ogg123) for you. So you type:

ecasound -i some_file.ogg

and get it to play.

If you want more than 1 file, you must use chains. Like so:

ecasound -a 1 -i some_file.ogg \
-a 2 -i other_file.ogg \
-a 1,2 -o /dev/dsp

The -o option specifies the output device (which in this case is OSS blockdevice).

More info can be found:

http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/manpages.html
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/users_guide/users_guide.html