Re: [ecasound] goodbye to dynamic libraries...?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] goodbye to dynamic libraries...?
From: Dennis J Houy (djhouy_AT_paw.co.za)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 13:28:47 EEST

> How up-to-date is the code in the paw CVS-tree...? If you're still
> using ecasound in the same way (including ecasoundc.h and linking against
> -lecasoundc), you're actually already using ECI (the C implementation).
> In other words you have nothing to worry about. :)

Hmmm *blush* not at all up to date I'm afraid. What is in CVS is old
hackery, and I have covered quiet a bit of ground in the last week or
so. Everything worked fine until I started using Ogg/Vorbis files for
input, instead of just wav files - when I did this, everything broke, so
that's when I scrapped that idea. MP3 files seemed to work fine
(although I no longer use MP3), and Ogg/Vorbis files work when using
Ecasound in command line interactive mode.

Is there a way around this? If so, I will go back to doing things that
way, as it seemed to be easy enough to work with.

- dennis