Re: [ecasound] Strange behaviour with input files which start at different times

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Strange behaviour with input files which start at different times
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:16:01 EEST

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002, Stane Gruden <staneg_AT_rd.iskraemeco.si> wrote:

> Hello,
Hi,
*clip*

> The problem arises later in the interactive mode
> when I want to use the command
> 'setpos'. After some seconds of playing, the command 'setpos 0' should
> return the playing position to the beginning, I expected that this
> beginning would take into account the -y options, but this is not
> true. Playing after 'setpos 0' starts all the files from their real
> beginnig and the result is a mess, of course. Did I miss something
> or is this a bug?
I can't remember if this is a bug or feature right now; feature, I
think. Things specified on the command-line tend to be more ephemeral.
Don't despair though, you can create an ewf file for each of your file
and get the result you expected; here's an example:
---> file.ewf
source = file.wav
offset = 1.5 # file starts 1.5 second after processing started.

---
It's as simple as that...

Hope this helps, S. Massy > > Thanks for the answer, > -- Stane. > > > -- > To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the > message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>. >