Strange behaviour with input files which start at different times

Subject: Strange behaviour with input files which start at different times
From: Stane Gruden (staneg_AT_rd.iskraemeco.si)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 16:41:33 EEST

Hello,

I just ran onto ecasound package and it seems very usefull to me, so
I would like to use it. As usually I tried some special things and
found out that the behaviour was not exactly as expected.

I tried to mix few wav files made by some other program (which I do not
want to use anymore...), these files were not alligned in time, so for
each one I used option -y:... to shift it in respect to the others. This
works nicely. I defined all the chains and their shifts on the command
line.

The problem arises later in the interactive mode
when I want to use the command
'setpos'. After some seconds of playing, the command 'setpos 0' should
return the playing position to the beginning, I expected that this
beginning would take into account the -y options, but this is not
true. Playing after 'setpos 0' starts all the files from their real
beginnig and the result is a mess, of course. Did I miss something
or is this a bug?

Thanks for the answer,
-- Stane.