Re: [ecasound] building ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] building ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 20:39:00 EEST

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Justin Rosander wrote:

> PIII
> Core Linux
> Kernel 2.4.14
> GCC 3.0.3
> XFree86 4.2.0
> aRts 0.6.0 standalone (no KDE)

But what version of ecasound?

> I do have my libs and includes installed correctly in '/usr/local/'. I was
> just wondering what headers Kai was using for the functions 'cerr' and
> 'endl' in 'audioio_arts.h'. I've been looking to see where else they may be

'cerr' and 'endl' are standard symbols of the C++ runtime, and
are defined in <iostream>. It's odd that you get these errors,
as audioio_arts.h does include <iostream> (ecasound-2.1dev-CVS).

Hmm, this could be a namespace issue. Try replacing all instances
of cerr and endl with std::cerr and std:endl.

> I just know that I had to type "#include <qbutton.h>" in the 'qebuttonrow.h'
> file in the source directory for ecawave and qtecasound because there was a
> function called "qbutton" that wasn't previously defined in an include file.
> Lo and behold, the defenition was in 'qbutton.h'!

Yup, this is a bug and has been fixed in the ecawave/ecamegapedal
CVS-tree.