Re: [ecasound] building ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] building ecasound
From: Justin Rosander (justinrosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 20:06:23 EEST

Janne,
Hi, thanks for your response. You wrote:

>Do you have arts-devel installed?

As to "arts-devel", that sounds like a Red Hat name, and I can't answer that
question accurately because I don't have Red Hat. I should have wrote down
everything on my system to give you an understanding of where I'm at.
PIII
Core Linux
Kernel 2.4.14
GCC 3.0.3
XFree86 4.2.0
aRts 0.6.0 standalone (no KDE)

I do have my libs and includes installed correctly in '/usr/local/'. I was
just wondering what headers Kai was using for the functions 'cerr' and
'endl' in 'audioio_arts.h'. I've been looking to see where else they may be
defined, but I haven't yet.
I just know that I had to type "#include <qbutton.h>" in the 'qebuttonrow.h'
file in the source directory for ecawave and qtecasound because there was a
function called "qbutton" that wasn't previously defined in an include file.
  Lo and behold, the defenition was in 'qbutton.h'!
Well, I'm still going to hunt around for those include files that weren't
included. If you can help, then great! But if not, I'll just keep trying
until I give up (I can do without aRts support if nothing happens).
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Justin