Ecasound with jackd

Subject: Ecasound with jackd
From: Gerrit Niestijl (g.niestijl_AT_rra.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 14:21:16 EEST

Hi,

Now that i have my linux machine up and running with alsa and a
low-latency kernel i am trying to get ecasound to work with jackd,
without succes yet.

Ecasound works ok with alsahw. Jackd starts OK with:
jackd -d alsa -d cmipci -r 44100 &

When i try:
ecasound -i test.wav -o jack_alsa,myport

the sound comes very scrambled. Ecasound tells me it is writing to
jack with the format f32_le. It seems to me this should be s16_le,
because that is what my soundcard can handle (cmipci card). Is that
correct? How can i change the format? it makes no difference if i use
-f:s16_le,2,44100.

Any help is appreciated!

By the way, i really like ecasound, it is a very powerfull tool indeed!

--
gerrit