[ecasound] Sound Cards

Subject: [ecasound] Sound Cards
From: linuxmedia2_AT_netscape.net
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 04:35:55 EEST

Greetings,

I'm working with a Hardward person to build a new system. We are building it based around ecasound (since multi-track recording is my most imprortant activity). We decided to start with the best sound card that would work with ecasound.

Could the members of this list please let me know what each of you are using. And could you tell me the pros and cons of each card (when using it with ecasound).

Also, what is the highest bit rate one could record at with ecasound (assuming I had a card that could handle the bit rate)?

Thanks,
Rocco