Re: [ecasound] Different metronome sound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Different metronome sound?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 00:04:03 EEST

On 15 May 2002, Nolan Darilek wrote:

> How difficult would it be to replace the metronome beep with a closed
> hihat sound, or something similar? I haven't quite delved as deeply
> into effect preset creation as I'd like to, but surely something like
> this is possible?

Basicly you can feed anything to the metronome. Currently a sine-signal is
used as the source, but it could be anything. The limitation of this
approach is that the source signal must be continuous.

Anyways, if you have some continuous audio in foo.wav, you can use it as a
metronome like this:

ecasound -i foo.wav -o alsa,default -eemb:%1,10 -efl:2000

... if you want to make it a preset, add the line:

mymetronome = -eemb:%1,10 -efl:2000 \
              -ppn:bpm -ppd:100 -pd:My_metronome

to your '~/.ecasound/effect_presets'.