Re: [ecasound] Playing multiple sounds at the same time

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Playing multiple sounds at the same time
From: Jesper Weiland (jesper_AT_deltasolutions.nl)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 17:13:51 EEST

> # play one stereo-wav (foo.wav) on channels 1 and 2, and
> # another (bar.wav) file on channels 7 and 8
> ecasound -a:1 -i foo.wav \
> -a:2 -i bar.wav -erc:1,7 -erc:2,8 -eac:0,1 -eac:0,2 \
> -a:1,2 -f:s32_le,10,44100,n -o alsa,default

That's what i did, it seems to play 2 sounds at the same time but, also
2 on one channel? It sounds like some strange echo. I play a song called
tits.mp3 :-) and party.mp3.. party on channel 1/2 and tits on 7/8..
works but with a strange echo. My boss thinks it's like i play the song
2 times..

Another thing; When i play on channel 1 and 2, channel 3 is buzzing very
hard... That's not really practical when you use it in a studio ;D

When i use channel 1/2, and 7/8 like i said above.. channels 3,4,5,6 are
buzzing, that's not good :'(.

Excuse me for disturbing you everyday, but one day we'll send you pie! :-)

Thanks again!

Jesper