[ecasound] ecasound on alpha ev56

Subject: [ecasound] ecasound on alpha ev56
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 03:56:31 EEST

I just managed to compile and run ecasound on an EV56 Alpha server,
running Debian unstable. Actually there's already a debian ecasound
package for Alpha, but it doesn't actually work (you just get a lot of
floating-point exceptions if you try to do any real work with it). But
this issue is now fixed in CVS. Easiest way to test this is to run "make
check".

While working on the alpha port I also found one bug that caused "make
check" to fail on solaris. This, too, is now fixed in CVS.

Btw; big thanks to Petri Paavola for letting me use the Alpha server!