Re: [ecasound] get-length not working properly and dbc-warnings

Subject: Re: [ecasound] get-length not working properly and dbc-warnings
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 20:01:10 EEST

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> I had a problem with the ecasound-iam-command get-length. It always
> printed 0.00, no matter if I took .wav or .cdr-files. This is definitely
> wrong in version 2.1.dev8 and 9. I think in 2.0.4 it worked.

Have you connected the chainsetup (with 'cs-connect') before issuing
'get-length'. Ecasound doesn't actually open files or devices before
chainsetup is connected (to avoid unnecessarily grabbing resources).
Because of this it can't know file properties before connecting.

> Then I have problems with ecaplay. Always when I listen to the end of a
> file it prints something like:
> failed status() in some .c or .h file line 666.

This is a debugging/development feature to catch unexpected control
flows and program states. If you mail me the whole line and description of
what you were doing, I should be able to fix the problem (or verify that
there is no problem in that particular case).

> If you have no idea where it can be I can try to cut and paste it, so I
> can put it into the e-mail.

The exact info is very import (filename, line number, the failed
check).

> There are also some minor problems with playing .snd-files, ecaplay says
> 0 handle. No correct file handle [error 1]. But then it plays.

Hmm, this could be a libaudiofile issue. If you can put the problematic
.snd files somewhere on the web, I can take a look at them.