[ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files

Subject: [ecasound] new user:problems with playing sound files
From: kcross (kcross_AT_linex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 00:44:52 EEST

I installed audiofile-0.2.3 before installing ecasound and ecawave but I'm
having problems playing .wav files and ecawave can't play or visibly
represent any .aiff files. It will only play back 11kHz 176kbps .wav files,I
think! Should I link audiofile to ecasound or ecawave? If so how?

When I get to play back an 11kHz file I also get this warning:
'DBC_REQUIRE failed - "is_running"() == true" , eca-control-base.cpp, 206'
(I'm using YDL 2.2 on a Mac PB G3 500Mhz)
Needless to say it takes a long time to play.