Re: [ecasound] fades

Subject: Re: [ecasound] fades
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 09:56:46 EEST

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> We need logarythmic fades, not linear fades with kl and kl2. That just
> SUCKS!

True, log fades would be extremely useful, although I think we need
the linear fades as well.

> If you need the formulas, we chatted about them on ardour-dev a few months
> ago.

Implementation should be quite straightforward. You should start from
ecasound/libecasound/linear-envelope.cpp (log-envelope.cpp), and just
rewrite the value() member function. Similarly with the two-stage
envelope.

I don't have time to do this now, but if someone has the time and energy,
just go ahead. I can help integrating the new fades. Anyways, I'll make
this an edi-item so it's not forgotten:

(edi-26): Logarithmic linear envelopes
        - submitted: jhall, 23.04.2002