[ecasound] recording mono file w/fade in/out

Subject: [ecasound] recording mono file w/fade in/out
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 04:15:38 EEST

I'm using the ymf-pci driver from alsa-0.9.0beta12, ecasound v2.0.3 on a
Debian woody system w/linux 2.4.16+llpatch.

I've read through the examples, man pages and user's guide and I'm
impressed by the power and flexibility offered by ecasound. However, I
feel overwhelmed by the syntax. I can't seem to get my mind around
it...How would I do this:

record
from the mic input
a mono 44.1KHz 16bit wav file
for 300 seconds
with a 5 second fade in and 5 second fade out

???

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Eric Rz.