Re: [ecasound] alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] alsa
From: Lance Hoffmeyer (lance_AT_augustmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 17:55:29 EEST

I set this up and it works somewhat.

ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsahw,d66 works but
ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsa,d66 does not work.

Also, even stranger, is that ecasound is still using
the SB16 even though I put the syntax below in my
.ecasoundrc. During playback I can adjust sound levels
with the SB16 mixer but nothing happens if I adjust the
ICE1712 mixer?

Lance

P.S. Which docs have the information on the syntax below?

> Did you set up a .asoundrc? Something like:
>
> # ice1712 HW Device (NO FORMAT CONVERSION WILL TAKE PLACE)
> pcm.ice1712 {
> type hw
> card 1
> }
> ctl.ice1712 {
> type hw
> card 1
> }
> # Automatic sample conversion etc...
> pcm.d44 {
> type plug
> slave.pcm ice1712
> route_policy copy
> }
> ctl.d44 {
> type hw
> card 1
> }
>
> I can then do:
>
> # ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsa,ice1712
>
> but the hw layer requires that we take care of formats matching (use
> -f). With the plugin layer we can do:
>
> # ecasound -i:my.wav -o:alsa,d44
>
> and format conversion will be taken care of by alsa. The names I
> choose were arbitrary...choose at will. BTW, the ice1712 in your config
> appears to be card 1, not card 0. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I used card 0 as the example because it worked.