Re: [ecasound] hi yamaha trouble :(

Subject: Re: [ecasound] hi yamaha trouble :(
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 00:54:43 EEST

On 08 Apr 2002 11:24:12 -0700
lee johnson <lee_AT_imyourhandiman.com> wrote:

> hi..
>
> I know this may indeed be the 'wrong' list for this but I'm not sure
> where to start..I am using the yamaha onboard YMF-740 chip...I am
> ---------
> 'your soundcard can not do this'

I am assuming you are using the OSS/free drivers that come bundled with the kernel of whichever distribution you are using.

The ALSA sound card matrix (http://www.alsa-project.org/~goemon/) says your chipset is supported by a driver called ymfpci .. You might want to try alsa, to see if it would solve your problem.

http://www.alsa-project.org/

--
janne