[ecasound] Internal Format and 24-bits?

Subject: [ecasound] Internal Format and 24-bits?
From: Len Moskowitz (vze24hrw_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 23:21:05 EET

Hi to all!

I'm a newcomer to the list.

I'm interested in using ecasound to record in the field on a portable
computer. I'm expecting to use a 24-bit/96 kHz A-to-D converter to capture
sound. Will it be difficult to make ecasound accept 24-bit data streams?

I don't expect to do anything more complicated than storing the 24-bit data
to a WAV-format file and perhaps playing it; no processing, no editing.

In the ecasound documentation it says that everything is converted to its
internal format. Will there be any problem setting the internal format to
24-nbit/96 kHz so that the data stream is not ever resampled?

Thanks for your answers!

Len Moskowitz
(New Jersey,USA)