Re: [ecasound] Something's badly wrong with ecasound!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Something's badly wrong with ecasound!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 10:44:40 EET

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, S. Massy wrote:

>>> reason, things no longer compile against libecasoundc...
> $ gcc -Wall -lecasoundc -o ecidoc_example ecidoc_example.c
> /usr/local/lib/libecasoundc.so: undefined reference to `ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE::command_float_arg(basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> > const &, double)'

For a while now, ecasound libraries have no longer been linked against
other ecasound libraries. By doing this we avoid various libtool related
problems (mostly dealing with linking against libraries not yet installed
to their final location). Instead it's better to use "ecasound-config
--libs" and "ecasoundc-config --libs" to get the correct linker flags. For
instance, on my system:

~|$ ecasoundc-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -lecasound -lkvutils -lecasoundc

... ecawave and ecamegapedal have been using these for a while.