Re: [ecasound] file recorded, can't open any more

Subject: Re: [ecasound] file recorded, can't open any more
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 19:14:42 EET

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:58:25PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, The Eye wrote:
>
> > I am basically stuck here ... the largefile thing seemed to work okay
> > with .raw-files ... recorded a wav-file yesterday, not even within the
> > largefile range (i.e. not > 2GB), and now I can't open it ...
> [...]
> > eye_AT_lormoral:~/Music/wav/spirits > ecasound -i:spiritsraw.wav -o:alsa,0,0
> [...]
> > ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE: Sample format not
> > supported."
>
> Oh yeah, both 2.1dev5 and CVS-tree write broken wav-headers. Today has
> been one really sucky day. :( There's a stupid bug in the file seek code
> that causes the problem. I've put a fix to CVS.
>
> PS This is related to the bigfile changes, but still affects
> all builds.
> PPS If you need to access wav-data recorded with 2.1dev5, use
> "ecasound -i:typeselect,.raw,spiritsraw.wav -o:spiritsraw_new.wav"

fetched the new CVS ... compiling took about 70 minutes (gosh ... that's
on an AMD 300 with 128 Megs of RAM .. outdated nowadays, but still ..
quite a long make, that).

running the command now, seems to work okay ...
(but will take a while, as far as I can see from now)

well anyway, I'll keep you posted on whether it works ...

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye          michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key