Re: [ecasound] file recorded, can't open any more

Subject: Re: [ecasound] file recorded, can't open any more
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 16:58:25 EET

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, The Eye wrote:

> I am basically stuck here ... the largefile thing seemed to work okay
> with .raw-files ... recorded a wav-file yesterday, not even within the
> largefile range (i.e. not > 2GB), and now I can't open it ...
[...]
> eye_AT_lormoral:~/Music/wav/spirits > ecasound -i:spiritsraw.wav -o:alsa,0,0
[...]
> ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE: Sample format not
> supported."

Oh yeah, both 2.1dev5 and CVS-tree write broken wav-headers. Today has
been one really sucky day. :( There's a stupid bug in the file seek code
that causes the problem. I've put a fix to CVS.

PS This is related to the bigfile changes, but still affects
   all builds.
PPS If you need to access wav-data recorded with 2.1dev5, use
    "ecasound -i:typeselect,.raw,spiritsraw.wav -o:spiritsraw_new.wav"