Re: [ecasound] largefile episode 3

Subject: Re: [ecasound] largefile episode 3
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 01:09:22 EET

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 04:04:45PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, The Eye wrote:
>
> > ok, recording and playing and amplifying big files works fine (did 2.7
> > GB to be sure to be over the threshold).
>
> This is good to hear. I also did some further testing with 2-3GB cdr,
> wav and raw files and all seem to work.

did some "real-life" testing too ... up to 5 hours two channels 16 bit
44100 Hz raw files work fine ..

only thing is I gotta use ecasound again to cut them up in the places I
want, but I found out it works quite nice anyway ... (was only used to
bcast2000 for wav-editing but that one doesn't support big files)

> The next thing is to decide whether ecasound should default to
> largefile-support.

well I guess it would lead to trouble on oldish installations, but other
than that, I don't see why not, really .. I mean, apart from having been
using ecasound for a while, largefile support is _the_ killer-argument
in favour of ecasound for me ..

(frankly, since I don't know too much about filters and all that, I
don't really use 'em that much ... by the way, any good tutorials on the
web? the helpfile isn't that useful if you don't know what all them
words actually _mean_ *grin* .. just been using recording and
amplification, and some highpasses and lowpasses once ...)

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye          michael.hellwig_AT_uibk.ac.at
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key