Re: [ecasound] time based mixing functions.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] time based mixing functions.
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 13:23:36 EET

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> but what we really need is automation. THat would *REALLY* *REALLY*
> help! SUre you can change amplitude with kl2, but trying to control dozens
> of these in a live mix situation would be pretty much unheard of. Having
> just performed a complex mix, I REALLY REALLY want ardour to work.
>
> _J

This may be bit stoopid, but how about -kx -km after the kl2? Assuming
you have a suitable midi-controller hanging around, ofcourse. (and
rawmidi support compiled into ecasound [off by default] and ALSA)

I am having a shitload of trouble myself getting the MIDI to work. I have
two possible midi-interfaces, one in my soundcard (GUS Pnp [interwave]), and
then one no-name device connected to the serial port (which worked fine
under Amiga 500 and it's midi-progs, ages ago). No luck with either of these
so far.

Well, after I get it working, I have 5 octaves of keys, and pitch & modulation
wheels to control ecasound with. ;)

janne