Re: [ecasound] time based mixing functions.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] time based mixing functions.
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 21:55:25 EET

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Bill Allen <ballen_AT_mail.serve.com> wrote:

> Is there a way using ecasound to specify that at a given time in a mix,
> something will happen? What I want to be able to do is to specify that a
> given channel should be faded out (which is another question: is there a
> fade capability?), then faded back in at another time. A way that I've
> done this (without the fade) is to produce two or more .ewf files for a
> given track one of which plays until the track should fade out, then the
> next comes in for the remainder of the time. This seems like a pretty
> obtuse way to achieve the result.
>
> If there is a way to do this can somebody let me know, otherwise it is a
Certainly, and more than one way to do it at that.
I really suggest you have a look at the `CONTROL ENVELOPE SETUP' section
of the ecasound man page, but here's a quick example:
$ ecasound -i:stereofile.wav [bunch_of_effects] -eac:100,2 -kl2:1,100,0,180,10 -o:/dev/dsp

This would cause a ten seconds fadeout of the right chanel after three
minutes. But note that it's just a very dumb example, you can do much
much more...

Hope this helps,
S. Massy