[ecasound] time based mixing functions.

Subject: [ecasound] time based mixing functions.
From: Bill Allen (ballen_AT_mail.serve.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 21:24:51 EET

Is there a way using ecasound to specify that at a given time in a mix,
something will happen? What I want to be able to do is to specify that a
given channel should be faded out (which is another question: is there a
fade capability?), then faded back in at another time. A way that I've
done this (without the fade) is to produce two or more .ewf files for a
given track one of which plays until the track should fade out, then the
next comes in for the remainder of the time. This seems like a pretty
obtuse way to achieve the result.

If there is a way to do this can somebody let me know, otherwise it is a
feature request that I'd love to see.

Bill