Re: [ecasound] ecasound front end

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound front end
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 19:13:24 EET

On Thu, 01 Nov 2001, Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> One interesting option for saving and restoring chainsetups is to use EIAM
> directly. It would be relatively easy task to add a new format (let's say
> .ees - ecasound eiam stream :)) which would only contain EIAM-commands,
> one per line. Some restrictions might be needed (for instance, 'cs-remove'
> and 'cs-select' wouldn't be allowed -> one .ees must only affect one
> chainsetup).
>
> But, but, would .ees actually be useful... maybe, maybe not. In any case
> it's good to keep in mind that adding new formats is a possibility.
I'd rather have a --batchmode option to ecasound. it'd basically be
nothing else than the interactive mode we have now with readline and
ncurses disabled (and no prompt of course). So you could have something
like:
#!/usr/local/bin/ecasound -d:0 --batchmode
(commands)

For it to be most useful you'd also have to be able to execute a sequence
of commands in a file directly from IAM/ECI, something like:
eci_command("exec myecascript")
I don't think any "restrictions" should be set, because this sort of
thing can have more than one use.