Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 02:56:49 EET

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT ON!

so I tried the new ecachanges and SHAZAM! alsa support works again. YAY!

then I tried the command line version of this setup and it worked WITH the
freeverb, so fixing the init problem solved it.

then I tried outputing to a wav, this caused the wierd noises I was
hearing before, so I checked and all the rates and formatting were
correct. Next, I tried output to a raw file and that sounded correct.

I noticed I was hearing a ghost image in the right channel for something
based on frames_per_cycle, so I decided to use a larger
frames_per_cycle. I used 1024 and thought I noticed it more, so decided
to use 4096. well that was fun, except the process hung and given that it
was RT priority, it has happily consumed the resources of the computer,
somehow both cpu's, I guess some of its multithreaded process got onto
both of them

anyway it is now quite happily spewing

pure virtual method called

all over the screen. I guess I'll have to reboot?

_J
and yes I think double buffering was enabled