Re: [ecasound] faster outpu speed

Subject: Re: [ecasound] faster outpu speed
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 18:08:03 EEST

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, openit_AT_libero.it <openit_AT_libero.it> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to do a rewind/foward and listening the track play faster for a
> digital mixer (GPL license) that has to be used by a blind person;
>
> the blind operator need to have the control on the rewind/foward
> operations by listening the track output played faster ...
>
> I'm usind ecasound v2.0.1
>
> Anybody has some ideas?
You mean you want to achieve something like a talking book machine?
Well.... How about using -ei?

Could do something like:
- User presses FW button.
- Switch -ei on. (-ei:400 might be a good value though it's a bit slow,
  unfortunately, greater values cause xruns for me, at least with mp3s.)
- When user hears whatever signal he uses as reference he presses PLAY.
- Then you need just cop-remove the -ei effect.