Re: [ecasound] faster outpu speed

Subject: Re: [ecasound] faster outpu speed
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 15:46:32 EET

might I also point out that a project is already under way for a digital
mixer called Ardour. We have a keystroke interface that uses ncurses and
that drives the ardour library. We are seeking input on how to design the
UI such that it is useful to a blind person. If you are interested in
this project, drop me a note directly. (kai probably wouldn't like this
to degenerate into a discussion about ardour)

Let me just say that it is out there and quasistable. This audience seems
to have acquired many of the blind community because ecasound didn't
require X to run. I still find ecasound useful, and if we could get the
file format thing working, transfering file from ardour to ecasound and
back would be easy.

Ardour is currently in the development stage, so things have a tendency to
change under foot, but the ksi UI is what we are needing the most input on
right now. Ardour now works on almost all cards supported by alsa, only
the most esoteric such as the es1938 or sb16 don't because of hardware
limitations. The 1938 doesn't support mmap and the sb16 doesn't support
16-bit dma in full duplex at once. (YAY CREATIVE!)

We have varispeed working now in ksi (at least in the forward
direction) so come on over and check it out! :)

_J