Re: [ecasound] Can compile Ecawave 0.5dev0

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Can compile Ecawave 0.5dev0
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 02:36:33 EEST

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> I can't compile Ecawave 0.5dev0. I've installed Ecasound 2.1dev3 and I
> 'm using Gcc 3.0.
[...]
> qeobjectmap.cpp:49: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `map' with no type
> qeobjectmap.cpp:49: template-id `map<std::string, std::string>' used as a
> declarator

Add the following lines (ones marked with '+') to qeobjectmap.cpp:

--cut--
#include "qeobjectmap.h"

+using std::map;
+using std::string;
--cut--

Ecamegapedal already had this fix. Although I wonder why gcc3 compilation
of ecawave went through ok on my system... I probably didn't remember to
do "make clean" and this got through me. Oh well, I'm sure this is not the
only case... :(