Re: [ecasound] Time position view feature

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Time position view feature
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 13:03:47 EEST

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:
> >
> > > I think that Ecasound is a really great tool. I think that could be
> > > useful to view the time position when playing / recording a chainsetup
> > > in interactive mode.
> >
> > Yes, this would be a very useful feature to have. Someone with knowledge
> > of ncurses-programming would probably hack it together quite quickly. Or
>
> For a little while now I've thought of writing a sort of "shell" for
> ecasound but I haven't for two reasons... One is time, which might come
> or not. The other was that I had great hopes for pyeca: is it still
> being developed?

You mean 'pyteca'? The one with command aliases, static and dynamic
variables and the like?

Hmm, well, I guess I could extend on it. Though I'd propably have to
start from scratch, because it depends on a module I wrote when working
for a company, and when I got laid off, we didn't much discuss about the
licensing of the code... (well, the module was in need of a rewrite,
anyway)

janne